Tribal boundaries are changing!

Trekkan

JFF Administrator
Staff member
Coming soon, the tribal boundaries are going from a normal radius from the totem, to a square. How this affects us (if at all), I'm not completely sure. However if we have things on the edges of our current boundary, we might lose them.

Log into the test server and see if you can spot any issues and we'll try and take care of them before they bite us in the butt.

Dsan

JFF Member
JFF Supporter
That's a really weird change... I guess it will make it easier for building on the border? Would be great if he could give the leaders some of kind ghost boundary on/above the ground.

Hyip

JFF Member
JFF Supporter
I feel it would shrink our area. And I know you can put things on 45's So I do not really see the reason.

Dsan

JFF Member
JFF Supporter
well it depends on how he does the squares...
View attachment 2
If he does the first version each totem would gain a little ground, which I think would be preferable. That could cause some issue in areas where borders are pushing each other... seems like a big mess to alter border shape. lol

(don't get too excited over my awesome ms paint skills!)

Trekkan

JFF Administrator
Staff member
I'm pretty sure the reason is just simplicity when it comes to building and whatnot. I'd hope it's like the first option shown by [MENTION=32]Dsan[/MENTION], and the little bit I talked to him about it, I think it is. On the forums he also talks about it and one of the comments is something to the affect "If the new borders overlap any other tribe, please let us know, most of those tribes are abandoned and we only have 8 known instances of overlap we'll need to work out". So... it doesn't sound like they are getting any smaller.

Check it out on the test server anyway if you get a chance.

Trekkan

JFF Administrator
Staff member
I can not get on the test server. It says my account is not active
Makes sense, looks like the current version there is old. When I logged on there yesterday the lands were still DHV, etc. Tonight I'll ask him when the next update to it will be.