The RAT 3 Feature Set is Currently Limited

Trekkan

JFF Administrator
Staff member
Please be aware that the feature set of RAT 3 will be limited compared to RAT 2, at least for now. RAT 3 is an almost total rewrite of RAT, not just an update to work with A20. So there are currently a LOT of features missing (and a lot of bugs) and some features that won't make it back (looking at you IRC).

Over time, old features will be added back in, new features will show up too. That being said, there is no timeline, it is when I can get it done and what makes sense to add in. The way things get added are basically this:

What are the most asked for features?
What is inspiring me at the moment?
How long will each feature take to code?
How much time do I have to write code?

And then the new feature released.

Sometimes I only have 30 minutes to code, so small things happen, bugs get fixed, etc. Sometimes I have hours and larger things happen, etc... Anyway, I'll be working to add in things as quickly as I can, but no matter how fast that is, its not going to be fast enough for some people, or people that insist feature X is the most used feature "by EVERYONE". ;)

Trekkan

JFF Administrator
Staff member
Hey TREKKAN,

Love this tool, is there a beta to test with A20?
There's a test version I've been posting in Discord (and I should be putting out a new one today). There are still known bugs and whatnot, so it really depends on if you want to test it out and help me, or run it against your game server. If its to help me test, grab it. =) If you just want it to work and forget about it, then you'll want to wait until I post it here on this website as normal. =)

sky86552

There's a test version I've been posting in Discord (and I should be putting out a new one today). There are still known bugs and whatnot, so it really depends on if you want to test it out and help me, or run it against your game server. If its to help me test, grab it. =) If you just want it to work and forget about it, then you'll want to wait until I post it here on this website as normal. =)
Awesome, thank you!

Foppa

I'll gladly help out, but I can't find out the Discord :O

lachlangor

best features of the rat software annd the ones i used the most.
start/stop server
schedule restarts
auto backup
see players on ther server and teleport them
promote and ban players
the web map is nice but not needed,

Trekkan

JFF Administrator
Staff member
best features of the rat software annd the ones i used the most.
start/stop server
schedule restarts
auto backup
see players on ther server and teleport them
promote and ban players
the web map is nice but not needed,
All of these things are there, except the teleport to player (but player teleports are there). But the teleport to player will be added at some point. =)