Pondering the possibility...

Duncan

JFF Member
I was pondering the possibility of putting together a group for some online tabletop... AD&D3.5

If this were to get going, who would be interested and what times would you be available?

I've got all day on weekends, then my weekdays vary, depending on class schedules...

------------ Edit ------------
Time: Sundays (actual date unknown)
Medium: G+Hangout and ... ?

PlayerClassRaceAlignmentGenderCan G+ Hangout
AlchymiaWizardHumanTrue NeutralMale (Kick-ass beard)Yes
AliciaDruidHalf-ElfTrue NeutralFemaleYes
ChrisRogueHumanTrue NeutralMaleYes
Deuce/KromBarbarianHumanChaotic Neutral
PeacensunshineSorcererHumanChaotic Neutral
TrekkanRangerHumanChaotic Good
UmbraeClericHumanNeutral GoodYes
WretchedMonkHumanLawful Neutral

Last edited:

Alicia

JFF Member
JFF Supporter
I've never played D&D but I'd be interested! Probably only on Sundays since that's my free day.

Trekkan

JFF Administrator
Staff member
I'm all for it, even have the books already. =) So if you're willing to run it, I'm willing to play!

Ohh, I'm open Monday, wed/thu nights and also every other weekend or so. This is all assuming [MENTION=16]Peacensunshine[/MENTION] isn't interested. If she is, I have a little more availability. =)

Wretched

JFF Member
Yep, I'll play. i have most of the 3.5 books. I use to play it all the time with my brother. and you know me, i'm here all the time. So when ever you guys want to pay i'll be there

Trekkan

JFF Administrator
Staff member
I haven't really played 3.5, only once. But I've played 2.0 forever (been years now though). So, I'd need my hand held for a bit, but I'm ready to play!

Duncan

JFF Member
Hell, it's been years since I last played, so you guys would have to be patient while I knock the rust off my DMing skills =p

Trekkan

JFF Administrator
Staff member
Hell, it's been years since I last played, so you guys would have to be patient while I knock the rust off my DMing skills =p
I'm cool with that! I also have a crapton of Pathfinder books. I know [MENTION=25]Deuce[/MENTION] wanted to get into that too, just need someone to take the ball and run with it. I also have the online tools used for DnD and PF as well. I'll have to look up the names of them when I get home, can't remember offhand.

Deuce

JFF Member
JFF Supporter
Sweet I'm down. Time to "find" all of the 3.5 books online. Heh.

I have pretty much every evening and then all day on weekends free. With the exception of a weekend day here and there.

Duncan

JFF Member
So far it's looking like Sundays... I know several of you guys are PST, I'm EST... so we'll have to deal with a 3hour time zone difference at least...

Deuce

JFF Member
JFF Supporter
I'm CST so I'll fall right in the middle.

Back when we were looking at Pathfinder, we did a little research on online tabletop utilities, you can see what we found here.

I haven't played D&D since the old red box that I'm sure a lot of you guys remember from the 80's. Have to do some serious reading.

Alchymia

JFF Member
I'd certainly be interested as well... Sunday afternoon/evening would be optimal... and I will certainly need my hand held. I've only played a similar game a couple of times with buddies who made up their own rules (not sure what was based on)... and, since I am poor and a closet nerd (I would get endless torment from the wife for this), I would prefer any 'free' materials if they are available somewhere... lol.

Deuce

JFF Member
JFF Supporter
I'm working on attaching the Players Handbook and the Dungeon Master's Guide (see last paragraph). I haven't been able to find the right Monster's Manual yet, as I'm not sure if version V is the right one or if they all apply. The whole 3.5 throws me off on some of the manuals as I'm not sure if only manuals specified as 3.5 apply or if some of the others would still be useable.

For instance, I have found a list of manuals here and here , but I am not sure if all of these would be useable or not. I'm more than happy to track down those that would be, but I would like to know which ones are worth going after before putting the time into it.

I would also like to find a fillable PDF character sheet (the right version if we need to settle on just one) and make that available here as well. Much easier for making changes and sharing as we could just post them for others/the GM, unless they are supposed to remain private but I don't think that's the case.

I also found this on wikipedia which helps explain the different versions.

Trek I tried to upload the two manuals I have but I got a message saying the maximum file size is 19.5kb. The two I have so far are 64.7 MB and 46.9MB. Not sure if those are too much bandwith usage for you.

Last edited:

Trekkan

JFF Administrator
Staff member
[MENTION=25]Deuce[/MENTION] All monster manuals will work, but generally speaking the first one has the standard monsters and they get newer/more exotic later on.

Character sheets generally should NOT be shared with other players as they list all sorts of stuff you might not want them knowing. As the DM, it's entirely your call, but that's not "normal".

About the different versions, 3.5 a lot of people liked and 4.0... not so much (although people do like it). 4.0 is generally considered a more dumbed down version of the game to appease the "WoW" crowd. While I have the books, I haven't actually played the game really so I can't really say either way. Other than, what I've read, it's entirely different than 3.5 and I'd probably enjoy 3.5 more anyway.

Pathfinder, is an extension of the 3.5 rules set your talking about playing now, as when 4.0 came out, 3.5 was abandoned and people liked 3.5 enough that a whole new product/world was created and it's now the largest tabletop RPG out there I think. So, if we decide that 3.5 is cool, playing Pathfinder at some point should be an easy transition.

I'll either up the attachment size or setup a downloads mod (probably better to do that anyway).

Trekkan

JFF Administrator
Staff member
[MENTION=25]Deuce[/MENTION] Ok, I setup the downloads here. You should be able to upload .ZIP, .RAR and .PDF files up to 128 meg. You can see a list of what's currently allowed when you go to upload the files.

I'll add a nav link later, but for now, just hit that URL (it'll be the same later too).

Also, you can set the files to private by adding in the usernames of those able to download it, or set a password. Please feel free to use this functionality as you think needed. =)

Deuce

JFF Member
JFF Supporter
[MENTION=1]Trekkan[/MENTION] When I click on the downloads link, it gives me the message: You are not authorised to use this feature.

Deuce

JFF Member
JFF Supporter
[MENTION=8]Alicia[/MENTION], add the img tags at the beginning and end of your sig as below, and your picture will appear. Be sure to remove the quote I included in the first ["img], had to do that for the code to show.

Code:
["img]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-gw2/3df5f4e370d020ec.png[/img]