Path Of Exile

Ronus

JFF Member
A Diablo'ish style game. Public Beta "stress test" this weekend (July 27-29)

http://www.pathofexile.com/

Public Stress Test Weekend #3 is this Weekend!
This weekend (July 27-29) the Path of Exile Beta servers will be available for public access! We've put up a page with answers to common questions about the event here. The last two public stress test weekends were a huge success, so we look forward to hopefully breaking some records this weekend!

Path of Exile is a free online-only action role-playing game set in the dark fantasy world of Wraeclast. It is currently under development by Grinding Gear Games in New Zealand. New players are being added continuously to the Closed Beta Test.

Game Features
  • Completely free to download and play
  • A persistent online world capable of supporting hundreds of thousands of players
  • A dark and gritty game world rendered from a fixed 3D perspective
  • Battle dozens of foes across a variety of unique areas
  • Randomly generated levels and items for extreme replayability
  • Online ranking and ladders for every game mode
  • Visceral combat with dozens of combinable skills
  • Battle in PVP tournaments for worldwide recognition

Trekkan

JFF Administrator
Staff member
I was able to get into the alpha for pledging 10 bucks on their kickstarter... I have to say, this is a pretty sweet game. It's basically diablo, but with... changes. I really like it so far, the items are cool, the way they've done their gems (like diablo, they level up, but also different items can have different types of gems/multiple gems as well).

The mana and health flask system is pretty sweet as well, you fill them up as you fight. The better you do, the more mana/health you have in the flasks.

Anyway, it's still alpha as I said, but really fun so far if you're into the Diablo style games.

Thanks for pointing this out @Ronus!!

Ohh, one thing didn't mention, the skill trees are CRAZY! So far, pretty cool, tons of stuff to choose from!

Ronus

JFF Member
Funny that you post this now. Iwas just coming to post this:

http://www.pathofexile.com/news/2012-09-11/weekend4

Public Stress Test Weekend #4 is this Weekend!
This weekend (September 14-16) the Path of Exile Beta servers will be available for public access! We've put up a page with answers to common questions about the event here. The last three public stress test weekends were a huge success, so we look forward to hopefully breaking some records this weekend!

Trekkan

JFF Administrator
Staff member
And... it's in open beta! No more wipes, etc.

It's a free game, so I suggest that if you like Diablo style games, you really should check this out!

Alicia

JFF Member
JFF Supporter
I'm downloading currently. I wanna see what it's all about.

Trekkan

JFF Administrator
Staff member
Don't forget, socket all gems. =) They level up as you kill stuff. Also, health/mana potions regain their contents as you kill things as well.

Ronus

JFF Member
The gems can be socketed in your armor as well as your weapon. It took me a little bit to figure that out. You can put a "Ground Slam" mace gem in your chest piece (same color of course) and it is still a usable skill (as long as you wield a mace). Figuring this out made a world of difference for me :D

Don't be put off by the massive passive skill chart - it is easy once you know what it does and how to work it.

Ronus

JFF Member
When you make your character - start off as HARDCORE. In this game, when you die in hardcore, your character gets removed from hardcore and placed into default. So you can get the adrenaline rush of hardcore and seeing how far you can make it, but you won't have the finality of losing your character on death.

Darkwolf

JFF Member
JFF Supporter
I have about 6 characters at various levels we should try to get a nice group going on :D