Online Tabletop Style Utilities

Trekkan

JFF Administrator
Staff member
I'm an old school AD&D player and am thinking of getting back into the swing of things. However, having moved to a new state and not really hanging out with too many people, gaming face to face isn't much of an option. (Not to mention, all you people smell and online is so much nicer for that! ;) )

So, what tools to you use/know of that help facilitate online tabletop gaming? I'm going to start making a list myself, but hopefully we have some gamers here that'd be interested in putting together a list of tools. Hell, maybe we'll even play some games together. ;)

Deuce

JFF Member
JFF Supporter

Alchymia

JFF Member
I've played tabletop once in my life (custom game content, custom rule book) and I really enjoyed it. Nobody I know does it here but I would be interested in participating if it becomes an online game...

Trekkan

JFF Administrator
Staff member
Cool, I might get something together, no idea yet. but I'd love to play again, so maybe we'll see. It'd be a learning experience for myself as well, so... would be nice if we got someone involved that knew how to play already. hehe

Deuce

JFF Member
JFF Supporter
I'm an old D&D player, all the way back to the red box Basic set. Been a long time but would be fun to try it again. I believe that Pathfinder link I posted is actually a role playing game similar to D&D.

Trekkan

JFF Administrator
Staff member
I'm an old D&D player, all the way back to the red box Basic set. Been a long time but would be fun to try it again. I believe that Pathfinder link I posted is actually a role playing game similar to D&D.
Yeah, same here Deuce! I've got over 1,000 bucks worth of 2'nd edition stuff myself.

I also have the core book for pathfinder as well, but I haven't gotten into reading it, without the motivation of having people to play with behind it. Maybe those interested can look into pathfinder and see if it's something they'd like to play. I know I'm for it. Then we can see who'd like to do what and all that and maybe get a game going?