My First (and probably last), experience with fiverr.com

Trekkan

JFF Administrator
Staff member
So the idea here is that you have people that will do work for "5 bucks". The reality is, it starts at five bucks and goes up. But, thats ok really, its still somewhat cheap for the most part. But basically you want a logo, or something like that designed, you go there, choose someone based on their work/feedback and get something done.

So, 5 bucks, what the hell. Hell is right...

So, I gave a reference example of what I was looking for. What I got, was actually good quality, but basically a design/image taken from elsewhere (I found almost exact material online). I stated this to the person, and below is my conversation.

My Initial Post of what I wanted:

1 company name which include in your logo.
2 Tagline/slogan if require.
3 Which Font and color used in your logo.
4 Any sample (must send)
5 Brief discreption of you business.

1: NA
2: NA
3: Black
4: http://previews.123rf.com/images/cattallina/cattallina1408/cattallina140800018/30828828-black-panther-design-element-sitting-big-cat-vector-outline-Stock-Vector.jpg
5: For the Conan the Barbarian game, I'm looking for an aggressive panther image

emilymoony2
Ok thanks your order

hi ,
check 2 SAMPLE, open attachments, feel free if you want any changing then tell me, and tell me what kind you need file format (jpeg,png,cdr,vctor,psd,ai,...etc ? ..if you are like then click complete order with full star tick and with outstanding experience review then i send you regional file your design in inbox ,,...ok thank u very much, ,,,,,,,,,,,,, and send me good tip, i will be thankful to you for this kindness

I'm looking for something more original in design.

The quality is good, but the pose is too standard, you can see the obvious similarities here: http://www.freetattoodesigns.org/images/tattoo-gallery/old-school-black-panther.jpg

Possibly an image of a cats eye?

emilymoony2
ok , thanks , but your order price very low

01:09FEBRUARY 05, 2017

emilymoony2

ok , thanks , but your order price very low

emilymoony2
i already maked your design , maybe your order price very low,,

emilymoony2
hello

01:13FEBRUARY 05, 2017

emilymoony2
are you here ?

01:13FEBRUARY 05, 2017

emilymoony2
PLEASE reply me

03:02FEBRUARY 05, 2017

emilymoony2
are you here now .?

03:06FEBRUARY 05, 2017

emilymoony2

and i already maked your design , maybe your order price very low,, if you want more i make design then you are send me more price ,,?

03:17FEBRUARY 05, 2017

emilymoony2
ok ,are you ready for more price or not ..?

03:18FEBRUARY 05, 2017

So finally, I was just done with it, called it a loss and put in my review:

Me added 11 minutes ago
After the order I was given the first draft, in which I was asked to tip generously and leave a good review. After I suggested some changes, I was told that I needed to pay more. Always pressuring for more money, more money. What I got was almost identical to images I found on the web with some changes, I even said that. Was told to pay more.

Communication: 3
Service as Described: 2
Buy again/recommend: 1

And then... the flood of responses started:

emilymoony2
hi

10:07FEBRUARY 05, 2017

emilymoony2
i AM POOR PLEASE SEND ME GOOD REVIEW PLEASE

10:08FEBRUARY 05, 2017

emilymoony2

please edit review please ,please edit review , please you are going order page then edit review please , i am poor i am poor

10:09FEBRUARY 05, 2017

emilymoony2
please reply me can you do edit review i am poor ?

10:11FEBRUARY 05, 2017

emilymoony2

i am poor please please give me good full star review i am poor , i will be thankful to you for this kindness please please please please

10:12FEBRUARY 05, 2017

emilymoony2

please you are going order page then send me good review please please

10:14FEBRUARY 05, 2017

emilymoony2

i am poor please please give me good full star review i am poor , i will be thankful to you for this kindness ,please you are going order page then send me good review please pleaseplease please please please

10:15FEBRUARY 05, 2017

emilymoony2

i am poor please please give me good full star review i am poor , i will be thankful to you for this kindness ,please you are going order page then send me good review please pleaseplease please please please

10:15FEBRUARY 05, 2017

emilymoony2

i AM POOR PLEASE SEND ME GOOD REVIEW PLEASE,i am poor please please give me good full star review i am poor , i will be thankful to you for this kindness ,please you are going order page then send me good review please pleaseplease please please please

10:16FEBRUARY 05, 2017

emilymoony2

please you are going order page then send me good review please pleaseplease please please please

10:21FEBRUARY 05, 2017

emilymoony2
please you are going order page then send me good review please pleaseplease please please please

emilymoony2

[THIS IS NOT A CUT AND PASTE FAIL, HE SENT THE SAME THING THREE TIMES]

emilymoony2

i AM POOR PLEASE SEND ME GOOD REVIEW PLEASE,i am poor please please give me good full star review i am poor , i will be thankful to you for this kindness ,please you are going order page then send me good review please pleaseplease please please please

So to recap, here is what I gave as reference:
http://previews.123rf.com/images/cattallina/cattallina1408/cattallina140800018/30828828-black-panther-design-element-sitting-big-cat-vector-outline-Stock-Vector.jpg

Here is what was delivered
aggressive_1.jpg
Here is what I found searching the internet
http://www.freetattoodesigns.org/images/tattoo-gallery/old-school-black-panther.jpg

And now the guy is disputing my review... for this reason:

"i am poor please please give me good full star review i am poor , i will be thankful to you for this kindness please please please please"

The cost was way more than 5 bucks in my time and annoyance. I still think the service can be good, but I'll have to do a better job pre-screening someone next time (if there is a next time).

Trekkan

JFF Administrator
Staff member
And so more messages continue:

emilymoony2

10:44FEBRUARY 05, 2017

emilymoony2

please you are going order page then send me good review please please please please please please

10:45FEBRUARY 05, 2017

emilymoony2

10:45FEBRUARY 05, 2017

emilymoony2
i will make your design , please you are not worry

10:46FEBRUARY 05, 2017

emilymoony2

Alicia

JFF Member
JFF Supporter
Holy shit, dude! The guy literally ripped a picture off Google images and asked you for more money to do more than that? Now they're harassing you?

There must be a way to report them to Fiverr. That's crazy!!

Trekkan

JFF Administrator
Staff member
There is actually more since I posted this... just not going to post it here since its basically the same crap.

Alicia

JFF Member
JFF Supporter
I've never used Fiverr but it was just recently in the News because Pewdiepie posted some videos asking people to do some crazy shit through there, and then he ended up getting himself and them banned from being able to use the site again.

The fact that it was that troll-able, and there are people that desperate for Five bucks scared me away from looking into it haha Yipes.

I appreciate the post. I shall stay away...

Xyniik

JFF Member
LOL, I just read this and I couldn't stop laughing. I'm sorry you had to deal with this Trekkan.

Trox

JFF Member
You should have put him in touch with Mr. Tom Lucas of th e Illumanti Membership teamteam, so they to can cash in on great riches.

Trekkan

JFF Administrator
Staff member
You should have put him in touch with Mr. Tom Lucas of th e Illumanti Membership teamteam, so they to can cash in on great riches.
Whoa, talk about someone I haven't seen in a while! =) Hey @Trox! Hope things are good with you!