Macros

Dsan

JFF Member
JFF Supporter
Here are some macros you all might find helpful. To access your macro "bank" you can click the button on the system menu or type /macro into chat.
You can save them to specific characters are keep them available to the whole account. Once the macro is made you can drag the button to your bar and use it like any other skill.

Advanced Macro Guide (2012)

From icy-veins.com discipline priest guide:
Here is an example of a mouseover macro. Simply replace
Heal
with the name of the spell you want to use:

• #showtooltip Heal
  • /cast [target=mouseover,help,nodead][]Heal
This will cast Heal on your mouseover target, if it is a friendly target and it is not dead. Otherwise, it will cast heal on your current target.
To make it easier to deal damage to the boss and benefit from the
Atonement
healing, we recommend that you use the following macro for
Penance
Holy Fire
, and
Smite

• #showtooltip
  • /cast [@focus,harm,nodead][harm] Spell
Spell will be replaced with the actual name of the spell.
The Penance macro should be on a different keybind from the normal, healing Penance.
Should be able to work these to your advantage simply enough.

Last edited:

complexmath

JFF Administrator
Staff member
JFF Supporter
Here's one I use for my monk:
#showtooltip
/use [mod]Tiger's Lust; Roll
So I have the number key 2 bound to Roll, but if I do <shift> 2 then it activates Tiger's Lust instead. I wanted to have it intelligently cast one or the other based on whether my character was rooted, but detecting debuffs like that is tricky--you have to check against every spell individually rather than a general "rooted" state (as far as I could tell from some googling anyway). I've mostly done this to save space, and I figure that I'll never try to Roll when rooted, so...