Life is Feudal

Deuce

JFF Member
JFF Supporter
Anyone want to come try out the Life is Feudal alpha with me in about 7 - 10 days? The instructions for signing up and paying (yes it costs) are here. They were recently Greenlit on Steam. Screenshots and videos are here.

Trekkan

JFF Administrator
Staff member
Looks cool, but I'm kinda done buying into games in Alpha. I'll just wait. Plus the buy in isn't cheap. But... looks good and if it holds out to be as good as it looks, I'll probably play it.

Dsan

JFF Member
JFF Supporter
Yeah that's looks pretty cool. I'm also trying to avoid backing projects for awhile so I'll have to wait for an open beta or release.

Rawrr

JFF Member
I checked out the video awhile ago, looks good, reminds me a lot of Mortal Online.

But 50euros? Crazy.

Deuce

JFF Member
JFF Supporter
Well I haven't been able to figure out the server hosting. I guess we can try one of the official servers, one that isn't too crowded since we're still learning.

See if you guys like the looks of one here. Hopefully we can find one without greifers and without a group that already controls the entire server.

Or other ideas?

Renairdor

JFF Member
Thanks for sharing - does look interesting.

$40 USD from Steam for an Alpha access seems crazy though...

BigChef

JFF Member
[MENTION=900]RaveKnave[/MENTION] Not wanting to high-jack the "Snow fun" Thread in AA I thought it prudent to post this here.

I've been playing this for about ten days now and really like what I see. I'm not a fan of skill caps but I do like how it forces you to join or directly trade with other players. I've been playing with some old Buddies from Musty Gaming on their server.
The Aussies have a compound in the North West and are focusing on trading.
View attachment 343 View attachment 344

The Ghost Busters have a mining community to the South.

And I have a Hippy farming commune in the North East where I've leveled cooking to where I can make five ingredient dishes. The more quality in a the food you consume the greater the rise in the skills you are using...big bonus. Also you aren't required to eat as often. I've also got quite a set of coops and rabbit hutches producing and am currently making a lot of rope and leather, however I could use some help from a player with complimenting skils.

We don't currently have a server so I don't believe I'm breaking any forum rules by posting the Musty's info...apologies if I'm wrong.

Filter "Musty" or direct connect 184.164.146.210:800

Trekkan

JFF Administrator
Staff member
[MENTION=958]BigChef[/MENTION]

You can always post other peoples servers, ALWAYS. =) If we have a server for a game, of course I'd rather people promoted that one, but the idea is "Just For Fun", not egos. =) So... post away! =) I do plan on playing this game (and I know Sili is interested), and as such, I'll probably run a server for it where I'll spend most of my time (control freak and all that I am. hehe) But anyway, have fun, play games! =)

RaveKnave

Why am I on fire?
JFF Member
JFF Supporter
we finally learned how to start a fire no clue how we made it but we started it

Trekkan

JFF Administrator
Staff member
Ha HAAA! I love it! I can start another toon, but I'd love to have a few Disorderlies come play with a few Mustys...wooo hooo what a riot!!!
Well, I did create a server (because I'm like that), search for "Just For Fun" and you should see it, hit up TS for the password. =)

BigChef

JFF Member
we finally learned how to start a fire no clue how we made it but we started it
Its' a bit tricksy at first but starts to makes sense. The difficulty in the pre-release is that when a player doesn't possess the skill level to complete a specific task there is no text or graphic explaining why the player cannot proceed...a bit annoying, however one begins to understand that if the particular function is unavailable it usually means you have not acquired the skill.

guinner16

JFF Member
Someone gifted me a key but the key isnt working. Once it is I am going to be playing this a couple nights a week.

sweetaxion

JFF Member
I too have been gifted a copy, so I will probably be doing the same. Hang out with some of you guys again.

RaveKnave

Why am I on fire?
JFF Member
JFF Supporter
Zorba go to find servers, then let all severs come up then click name which will sort servers alphabetically, the find Just For fun Gaming

password is XXXXXX

Last edited by a moderator:

Sicknessink

just out of curiousity how does one get gifted keys? does that mean someone buys it for you and gives you the code for it or does it mean they do promos and gift keys like archeage did for beta? im newer to gaming online archeage is longest game ive played so far lol. so im not that great on the tech talk. but if it is promo gift keys how do i sign up for promos from there lol. i just downloaded mortal online cause i wanted to try something different then i saw these threads and looked it up and seems pretty cool.

Trekkan

JFF Administrator
Staff member
just out of curiousity how does one get gifted keys? does that mean someone buys it for you and gives you the code for it or does it mean they do promos and gift keys like archeage did for beta? im newer to gaming online archeage is longest game ive played so far lol. so im not that great on the tech talk. but if it is promo gift keys how do i sign up for promos from there lol. i just downloaded mortal online cause i wanted to try something different then i saw these threads and looked it up and seems pretty cool.
Gifted could be won in a drawing on a website, someone purchased it for you as a gift, etc. Just depends on the specific situation, there's nowhere that you can really sign up for complete free games that I'm aware of. However, if I'm wrong, someone tell me too! =)