JFF Gaming's FTB Monster Server!

MatadorPants

JFF Member
hello i would like to join your ftb monster server as i love this game
You're more than welcome to join. Click up there where it says "Click here (Members Only)" to get the address and just make sure you're on the correct version of FTB Monster (currently 1.1.11)

Nateryl

JFF Member
We just paid our first monthly dues (I think). So the server is up for another month. Everyone is welcome to join our family friendly server!

Zynn

JFF Member
Thanks for setting up the server. I often get a Minecraft craving.

Is there a list of mods that have been deactivated or items banned?
I ask because I don't want to devote too much time and resources into a line of tech, only to find out that the end product is banned.
Secondly, is Mimichite on the server? I can't seem to find any at all. I find it all over in single player. Maybe I'm in a bad biome for it?

Last edited:

MatadorPants

JFF Member
Mimichite is really the only thing that has been turned off/banned. Mainly because it is just stupidly OP.

The only other "rule" we have (besides no griefing) is to keep quarries in the mining world. You'll find a portal there at /spawn​.

Zynn

JFF Member
For the life of me, I can't seem to get any Ender pearls. I even made a dark room 128 blocks in the air. Is there an easier way? I can't make anything I need without them. I found an end portal, but I don't have any Eyes of Ender, which require Ender pearls, to activate it.

Who else is playing? I haven't run into anyone yet. All I've seen is some huge automated fortress in the regular world and a gargantuan quarry taking up almost all of the mining age.. LOL

Last edited:

MatadorPants

JFF Member
Several of us played non stop when we first started it and have slowed down a bit lately. There is supposed to be an update to the 1.6.x Monster within the next week, and that will probably bring some of us back. And then, of course, whenever a stable 1.7.x version is released, we'll be on there regularly again.

There shouldn't be anything special about getting endermen to spawn, but I'm no expert on that. Nateryl might be able to chime in and help.

Nateryl

JFF Member
Server was very active the first month with 8 or so guys on all the time. Not so much anymore.

There are several ways to get pearls. Magical crops is a long grind and not done quickly but that is one way. You can also build a mob grind with MFR machines and turn the mob essence into enderman.

Zynn

JFF Member
I have no power source at all, currently. I wanted to make a lava pump in the nether. I made some obsidian and created a portal to get there. Looks like all the lava lakes were turned into stone, I guess depleted by other people's pumps? I don'thave the gear to go wandering on my own in there to look for another nice lava lake.

In order to do the whole pumping and transporting I would need ender pearls, to make the tesseract, ect.. Anyone have pearls and blaze rods to trade? I'm not an expert at this, but once I can get a good power source, I can start following the youtube tutorials and building things. That is how I did it on another server, a while back, before I got griefed. I was doing well. My goal is to get to ME drives and stuff. Last time, I had a warehouse full of chests and pipes sorting things. When I got ME drives, I was excited, but then someone stole it all (different server).

Is the going to be a wipe soon then?

I used to only play Minecraft to create things with creative mode.

Last edited:

Nateryl

JFF Member
If I had to guess now I bet we keep the server up as is for no less then 2 more months. We may run something new on top of our dedicated server as well and run both versions simultaneously for awhile too. You should have plenty of time to get in and mess with whatever you want.

Why dont you try this instead going the lava power route.

Tree farm (railcraft or MFR or forestry or Thaumcraft works) -> convert wood to charcoal -> an array of engines

Only real trick is getting enough power for the farm initially but then it is all self sustaining. Down the road you can then upgrade this and feed the charcoal into a steam boiler. We have a syrum we can give you as well that makes the game almost creative mode right away. Forget which mod it was Kenpachi went down to get it, genetic something. Next time we are on together I can meet up and give you a shot of it lol.

Zynn

JFF Member
Is that your giant tree farm I saw, not far from the spawn? It was amazing. A little laggy with all the stuff going on, but amazing.
I have never tried the tree-->charcoal power method due to the large footprint for the tree farm. I usually have a pump getting lava from the nether, and sending to my storage tank at my base with a tesseract. It is much more lag-free and doesn't takeup as much space. Then I use that to charge energy cells. Problem is, getting the ender pearls.

I am familiar with the Advanced Genetics mod. The first thing I did was create a scraper to start collecting gene samples. I have Zombie, bat, Oselot, Spider, and zombie pig man, so far. I need the power to run the combustion generators for genetics. They suck down so much coal, so quickly, that it isn't worth doing it until you get a more stable power source.

MatadorPants

JFF Member
Due to lack of players, we've decided to shut down the FTB Monster server for the time being. We still have our TPPI server running and updated. Please see that thread for more info.