How fast can you type? Check it here and compare!

Dsan

JFF Member
JFF Supporter
It said I got 67 wpm but I think it's a flawed test. Those aren't actual sentences and it effects how some people will interpret the data. Their website didn't have an explanation for that. The coloration and moving lines also changes results.

I'm not trying to say I'd be faster, just that the test is a really screwy way to do things. It's more like practicing to copy random words from a teleprompter...

So, I don't know how you got such a high number!

Dsan

JFF Member
JFF Supporter
Better than mine. Got 67 with 1 wrong word, 76 with 2 wrong words. Inaccuracy bothers me more than speed. :s

Trekkan

JFF Administrator
Staff member
The reason it isn't actual sentences is because it's trying to figure out how fast you type, not how well you know how to type specific sentences. It's pretty standard really.

As far as the colors, I don't see a problem with that. If it's red, you got the word wrong. You can backspace and fix it, it just costs you in WPM, etc. So... it just depends on what you want to do. Anyway ,I thought it interesting and fun to do. =)

Dsan

JFF Member
JFF Supporter
It is interesting and fun, it just doesn't work ideally for my brain. :P

Typing speed can be effected by language: content anticipation, quicker word comprehension, and other such things. For me, I think the worst part was the line moving up on its own.
I'd say this test measures typing speed under very specific circumstances. Perhaps, it measures what they determine to be proper typing and any other techniques/styles make this more difficult than "typing" in a functional setting.

Trekkan

JFF Administrator
Staff member
/me goes on some rant about how if things were calculated differently, I'd have more WPM than [MENTION=1002]Renairdor[/MENTION]... ;)