Heap max 4269.6MB

AleDDH

Good afternoon everyone.
I have a server with a few mods and many times when there are 6 or 7 people playing and it's horde night there is quite a bit of lag.
I realized that there are values on the server that reach their maximum and that is what causes lag to exist.

2022-09-02T20:03:46 83042.226 INF Time: 1374.59m FPS: 39.93 Heap: 3927.7MB Max: 4269.6MB Chunks: 997 CGO: 93 Ply: 4 Zom: 6 Ent: 11 (293) Items: 2 CO: 5 RSS: 6070.0MB

When the value Heap: 3927.7MB is equal to Max: 4269.6MB the server starts lagging. I would like to know if the heap value can be increased manually.

server specifications
windows server 2019
Dell PowerEdge R720 Server 2 x E5-2690 16 Cores, 192GB Ram a 500GB Samsun EVO 970 SSD

Any other information you need I can provide.

Thank you very much for any help you can give me.

AceKNY

Yeah your server is OLD 10years plus now you single thread performance is pretty poor compare to new processors i run mine on a 3950X and 64 3466mhz Ram kit with no performance issues.. the problem is your CPU/RAM being slow now when you run servers is all about single thread performance mainly...

badplayer

JFF Member
JFF Supporter
7D2D RAT Supporter
Sorry, but you're incorrect.

The base clock is a tad low but should still work.

Since A20 7 Days does take take advantage of more cores.

That server should be fine for awhile.

What I am wondering is what is you client PC?
Most lag is client side.

AceKNY

Sorry, but you're incorrect.

The base clock is a tad low but should still work.

Since A20 7 Days does take take advantage of more cores.

That server should be fine for awhile.

What I am wondering is what is you client PC?
Most lag is client side.
if he has 192GB is probably DDR3 1066 pair with a E5-2690 yeah that server is going to have performance issues imo... in reality there is no setting you can change to get more performance or to reduce lag during horde night is to get a better CPU/RAM as most calculations happen in a single core anyways even if A20 uses more cores (which at the most is would be two plus threads).... well you can reduce the amount of zombies you have during horde night so your server can keep up that would be a solution

badplayer

JFF Member
JFF Supporter
7D2D RAT Supporter
My Xeon's are 12 years old and still going strong.

They are clocked a bit higher though at 3.33 Ghz.

You can also get better performance by running linux instead of windows.

And, lag is usually client side.
What is your client PC, can it handle bloodmoons?
Do you have a lot of electricity run through the horde base?
is there a lot of explosions?

boomshakazulu

if he has 192GB is probably DDR3 1066 pair with a E5-2690 yeah that server is going to have performance issues imo... in reality there is no setting you can change to get more performance or to reduce lag during horde night is to get a better CPU/RAM as most calculations happen in a single core anyways even if A20 uses more cores (which at the most is would be two plus threads).... well you can reduce the amount of zombies you have during horde night so your server can keep up that would be a solution
You are definitely incorrect. For 1 E5-2690 turbo up to 3.8ghz which is plenty for this game, ram speed isn't a big issue, capacity is. 7dtd server actually isn't very demanding.

as far as heap goes. the max is ever changing and hitting max doesn't really matter. what does matter is server fps which should sit around 20-35 on a healthy server, yours is even higher which is great. The issue is likely client side and not server side.

boomshakazulu

Just for ease of mind, in servers heap generally refers to memory allocation however in 7dtd heap is current working size of active/visible blocks, max is the max size since server start, and chunks is some container amount of blocks that hold the map blocks. So heap hitting max only means that it is the largest it has been since your server last restarted