Guild War 2

Oxnar

JFF Member
So with the news that the game GW2 (base game) will go "Free to Play" and the expansion (Hart of Thorns) will release on Oct 23 - 2015 is there anyone from the JFF crew starting or going back?
The guild most associated with JFF was Ravenhold [RH] (on the Gate of Madness server) and is all but dead. I still see a few old timers from [RH] there (if you count Wretched?).
Anyway, just curious if there is interest in these changes, the game, or anything else with GW2?

Ox

Trekkan

JFF Administrator
Staff member
I can't say I won't try it out again, but I don't have any plans to really get into it. With so many other games coming out (Specifically, Sword Coast Legends), I'll probably be spending most of my time there. Good to see ya again though Ox!

Malsirian

JFF Member
I can't say I won't try it out again, but I don't have any plans to really get into it. With so many other games coming out (Specifically, Sword Coast Legends), I'll probably be spending most of my time there. Good to see ya again though Ox!
I'm in the same boat. There is a slight possibility I might download it again and pop in but I doubt it's very likely. Too much other stuff I'm more interested in.

Alicia

JFF Member
JFF Supporter
Good to hear from ya, Ox! I read that the game was F2P now and thought i might try to get my b/f to try it out for a weekend with me, see if he likes it, but it would be very casual, and with all my job training and stuff im too tired to play anything for any length of time right now anyways. But we'll see!

Oxnar

JFF Member
Good to hear from ya, Ox! I read that the game was F2P now and thought i might try to get my b/f to try it out for a weekend with me, see if he likes it, but it would be very casual, and with all my job training and stuff im too tired to play anything for any length of time right now anyways. But we'll see!
Hope to see you there. Staff Ele is a thing now and its very fun with the right build. If it works out and you give it a go, msg me @ Oxnar (in game).
Ox

MatadorPants

JFF Member
I'll be picking up HoT at launch and going back to see if they do anything worthwhile with PvP. If any of you are looking for a guild, I'm with a pretty solid group that has nightly activities (guild missions, pve, sPVP, and WvW all on various nights).

Oxnar

JFF Member
I am looking for a guild to do some of the PvE crap err stuff. I have done WvW almost exclusively after the first month/ last 3 years. I am on from about 4pm EST to 8ish most week nights and way more than I should be on the weekends. (all day and half the night) I want to craft my own legendary so I will need to do a good bit of the HoT content, from what I can read?

Anyway, If you want an altoholic , WvW try hard in your guild? I up for anything. Hit me up in game its : Oxnar

MatadorPants

JFF Member
Not actually my guild, but I've enjoyed the guys in it. They do pvp on the weekends, sometimes leading the whole WvW pack, and sometimes doing their own 10-15 man groups. They have something scheduled every night with at least 5-10 showing up, so it's a nice group. I've been playing other stuff for the past few months, but I'm sure they would welcome you. I'll add you in game and get you the guild leader's name.