Dual Monitor question

Alchymia

JFF Member
So I rearranged my desk so that I can hide my case underneath. I moved my 2nd monitor from my right side to the left side of my primary monitor. This resulted in getting a black box on the second monitor that is only present when it is set to the left, but not the right. It is not a hardware issues since it (1) disappears when I switch my 2nd monitor to the right side and (2) it has slightly lighter direction buttons (triangles facing opposite directions) in the lower corner of the black box and (3) it is able to hide behind my sidebar items...

Have any of you had this and how do you get rid of it? I attached a pic of it...

Trekkan

JFF Administrator
Staff member
Never seen that before, but what it sounds like is happening is that you have a piece of software running that is used to hiding itself in a non-visible area. Now that you have two monitors, that area is visible.

I'd check running processes and see what it actually is. Just start killing things with your name and not "system" next to it as it's probably only happening on your user profile. No idea if that'll help, but it's how I'd start to check it.

SlipWraith

JFF Member
JFF Supporter
What version of windows and are you using the Catalyst Control Center? And how are you switching the monitor? Using windows preferences or the CCC?

Alchymia

JFF Member
OK, I was switching windows using Windows preference, not CCC. I am using Windows 7. I followed Trek's advice and narrowed it down to AI Suite II (software for my MB) I had to turn off AI Suite II to make it disappear. I'd prefer to keep it running so does anyone know how to make that appear off screen instead? Using either CCC or Windows 7 preferences?

And, thanks to you guys for helping!

Trekkan

JFF Administrator
Staff member
Try reinstalling AI Suite over the top of itself. It might see that you have two monitors now and hide itself.