D&D Character Making Session, Sunday Night (07/08)

Deuce

JFF Member
JFF Supporter
Alchy had the idea of a D&D character making session on Sunday night (07/08), what does everyone think? A chance for everyone to roll abilities with everyone else present and to discuss other character building ideas: skills, feats, equipment, etc. Since we're all pretty new to this, a chance to discuss things with other people would probably be welcome. How does 7 p.m. CST Sunday night sound?

While not the greatest, this dice roller should be sufficient to get us through character creation. It allows for everyone in the room to see the dice rolls. We can keep an eye out for something better for the long term.

Last edited:

Alchymia

JFF Member
I will be able to be there, but it will need to be a bit later. I need to drop the missus off at the airport for a 8pm (mst) flight. Unfortunately, I'm not sure when she wants/needs to be at the airport... I'll update as I know more...

Deuce

JFF Member
JFF Supporter
Sweet,that's at least five of us, hopefully more will join yet. Just need [MENTION=14]Duncan[/MENTION] to be there/approve and we'll be on our way.

Last edited:

Deuce

JFF Member
JFF Supporter
True yes as long as there are several of us there as witness to each others rolls I would think it would be acceptable. I just want to make sure we're following his rules.

Alchymia

JFF Member
It looks like I will be available closer to 8.30 cst (cannot move time)... don't go all crazy without me... :)

Umbrae

JFF Member
If I might make a suggestion for the die roller, when I used to run online games via OpenRPG I would use http://invisiblecastle.com/, it has a bit more customization to the rolls. it does not give you a lobby to see the rolls in real time, it records them on a page you can look up exactly what they did... set the number of rolls to 6, and use 5d6.takeHighest(3) for your your die roll. tada, character in a can.

For example my most recent test roll... which I would like to keep, hardly a roll without a 6 :) (you can see the code they used too, to prove it was legit)

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3599266/

Deuce

JFF Member
JFF Supporter
We may get started before that but I'm sure we'll be there for a couple or three hours, plenty of time for you to still make it.