Yes, RAT is being updated for A17. =)

Trekkan

JFF Administrator
Staff member
Just to let everyone know, yes, I'm updating RAT for A17. The current version of RAT is *NOT* compatible with A17. While there are some work arounds and whatnot that can provide some functionality, if you do things wrong, people can't connect to your server (this is due to RAT changing your serverconfig.xml file to match A16, not A17).

If this is happening to you, you can go into the RAT Settings, and disable RAT from changing your serverconfig.xml file.

However, please know that the current versions of RAT out there, do NOT support A17. I'm trying to spend my time getting a new version of RAT out that works the way it should for everyone. =)

Trekkan

JFF Administrator
Staff member
Oh, I can report things not working in RAT if you want somewhere (might help you fixing...etc...)
Sure, it can't hurt to have a list. Feel free to post them in this thread for now.

Things I have fixed already:

All new serverconfig.xml variables
Player chat
Telnet stream parsing
Server stats display (clicking on the FPS in the status bar at the bottom)
and other things I can't remember off the top of my head. So feel free to post anything else you run across. =)

Doublee

7D2D RAT Supporter
Player List not showing online players
Grab Bags not working (made sure my BCM and ALLOC was updated)

on another note, is the A17 exp only Navzgate or does it work with RanGen?

Trekkan

JFF Administrator
Staff member
Player List not showing online players
Grab Bags not working (made sure my BCM and ALLOC was updated)

on another note, is the A17 exp only Navzgate or does it work with RanGen?
Player lists appear to be working for me, so please let me know on that after the new release

Grab bags are broken until a new update from Stompy as there is a problem with teh give command.

Also, RAT will work just fine with RandomGen, in fact, I've never tested it on anything but Random. ;)

Mestima

Good afternoon, today I tried to use the version under A17 and this window pops up (((
upload_2018-11-22_12-35-34.png

Version 02004 works well

Trekkan

JFF Administrator
Staff member

BIA_RIGGS

JFF Supporter
7D2D RAT Supporter
Thank you for your hard work dude. People may not log in and comment, but you really do provide a valuable service with RAT. Where can I donate? As someone who mods 100's of hours for free and has been hosting 7DTD for almost 6 years, I understand and am grateful that you provide and have not abandoned RAT.

Trekkan

JFF Administrator
Staff member
Thank you for your hard work dude. People may not log in and comment, but you really do provide a valuable service with RAT. Where can I donate? As someone who mods 100's of hours for free and has been hosting 7DTD for almost 6 years, I understand and am grateful that you provide and have not abandoned RAT.
Thank you for posting that! Its always nice to hear from people using RAT! It keeps me going, you probably know that since as you said you mod for 100's of hours, its always nice to hear someone say "Nice work!" =)

Here is the donation link! Thanks much!

BIA_RIGGS

JFF Supporter
7D2D RAT Supporter
Got that first donation in! I have a question as well. I have run into an issue where I have my dedi config good to go, I have launched the server and all is well. I shut down the server and start RAT as I always have, then I start the server batch file. It tries to load a fresh world and reorganizes the format of the config file from the fun pimps layout. It also used jffgaming settings. I thought it only imported info FROM the config you set up to RAT. So I got a fresh config file, set it up how I wanted, imported it to RAT successfully and saved. Then when I started the server it tried to create a new world again using my correct info AND it changed the layout of my config file again. The thing is I already had a saved world under the exact same settings. So why didn't it just pick up where I left off? If I turn off RAT and copy my original config back again with the same info RAT had, everything is fine. I have never had this issue, maybe I am missing something. Thank you.

Trekkan

JFF Administrator
Staff member
Got that first donation in! I have a question as well. I have run into an issue where I have my dedi config good to go, I have launched the server and all is well. I shut down the server and start RAT as I always have, then I start the server batch file. It tries to load a fresh world and reorganizes the format of the config file from the fun pimps layout. It also used jffgaming settings. I thought it only imported info FROM the config you set up to RAT. So I got a fresh config file, set it up how I wanted, imported it to RAT successfully and saved. Then when I started the server it tried to create a new world again using my correct info AND it changed the layout of my config file again. The thing is I already had a saved world under the exact same settings. So why didn't it just pick up where I left off? If I turn off RAT and copy my original config back again with the same info RAT had, everything is fine. I have never had this issue, maybe I am missing something. Thank you.
When you save the settings within RAT, you're saving to the RAT database. When you start the server FROM RAT, RAT writes out a new serverconfig.xml file and starts the server with that. If you start the server with the startdedicated.bat, its going to use whatever the last written serverconfig.xml has in it.

Short version, if you're using RAT, you shouldn't use the startdedicated.bat to start your server. You can, but you need to stop RAT from editing your serverconfig.xml file (in the RAT Settings), etc. You just need to chose how you want to admin your server and run with that method. =)

BIA_RIGGS

JFF Supporter
7D2D RAT Supporter
Thanks! I have always used RAT with me starting the .bat file but shutting it down with RAT or in game. Thanks for the info!

Gareee

Looks like the latest update broke rat. I posted the error code in the forum post over at tfp site.

The updated rat had forgotten where my server install was so I reset that.

This is the error info I'm getting when I try to start the server:

----------------------------------------
System.Collections.Immutable
Assembly Version: 1.2.2.0
Win32 Version: 4.6.25519.03
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/NomadSoft/7D2D%20RAT/System.Collections.Immutable.DLL
System.Runtime
Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 4.7.3190.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Runtime.dll
Newtonsoft.Json
Assembly Version: 10.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 10.0.3.21018
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/NomadSoft/7D2D%20RAT/Newtonsoft.Json.DLL
System.Interactive.Async
Assembly Version: 3.0.3000.0
Win32 Version: 3.1.1.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/NomadSoft/7D2D%20RAT/System.Interactive.Async.DLL
System.Collections
Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 4.7.3190.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Collections/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Collections.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.