Where do you sell your old components?

Alchymia

JFF Member
I am upgrading the guts to my rig and instead of having my old components collect dust in a closet, I would like to sell them and get whatever I can (which won't be much, I'd imagine) to offset my new components. I don't have an ebay account I sell from. So far I've come up with craigslist (sketchy-ish), Facebook (look for a local component-trading page), or find a Meetup that does likewise. ...

Any suggestions help!

PS. Good to be back!

Trekkan

JFF Administrator
Staff member
I've got nothing. Mine are either given away to people, or sit in boxes in my closet/garage. The meetup idea isn't bad though, I should see if there is one around here for that.

Dsan

JFF Member
JFF Supporter
I usually try to offload old equipment onto friends or family that don't do gaming. My old stuff is often better than whatever it is they're using.

Alchymia

JFF Member
Unfortunately (or fortunately), they are all several hours and states away... and if I ended up doing anything to their computers, i'd be the one responsible for everything that would happen or go wrong with it. And, I don't think they could build a computer to save their lives... I'll stay out of that battle. I'll at least ask some of my more tech-savvy friends.

Chris

JFF Member
Yeah I've always gifted my old parts to friends and family.

I've used Craigslist to sell all kinds of things though and has worked great. I always meet them at a local coffee shop and trade.

trillionsin

JFF Member
JFF Supporter
7D2D RAT Supporter
Reddit. HardwareSwap • r/hardwareswap

If you are familiar with Reddit already, great. If not, you may need to build a rep in order to sell or buy from some people. There's always a risk associated with this, but they have minimized the scams as much as possible.