Updates

Deuce

JFF Member
JFF Supporter
New update is here. The big news, which I think everyone will be glad to hear, including myself, is that they went back to the Unity engine. Hero just wasn't cutting it. That and more plus a video in the update.

Last edited:

Dsan

JFF Member
JFF Supporter
Yes, happy to hear it. The footage in the video looks pretty good. Hopefully they can deal with the seamless issue without loading zones...
Always nice to see what they've been up to, and they have something visual this time. Already looking forward to the next update.

Dsan

JFF Member
JFF Supporter
Nice! The screens look a bit better than the video but probably because there's no framerate and movement to mess with the eyes.

Deuce

JFF Member
JFF Supporter
Here is some more Alpha information, no date has been set yet, or at least made public. They started up public and private Alpha forums, so it must be getting close.

You will get a email once you have been selected to get into Alpha. ALL KickStarter Backers WILL get into Alpha at some point just not everyone on Day 1. We want to gradually test the servers under a Higher and Higher demand so we will be able to know just how much the servers are able to handle.

Once you have been selected you will receive a Email notifying you that it's your turn to get into Alpha. The email will also contain the NDA which you will need to sign and email back to us. Once we have your NDA we will send you the link to the Windows and Mac Clients and you will then gain access to the Private forums for Alpha. This forum is the Public Forum for Alpha.

Between Alpha and Beta there will be a wipe and between Beta and Release there will be a Wipe. Something every must remember is that these tests are NOT a chance for you guys to get in to the game early and get a head start playing the game. These Tests are just that they are tests designed to find bugs and test everything out under realistic Playing conditions.

At some points during the tests you COULD do large scale stress tests where we request that all active Alpha testers report to a certain location and then we spawn in hundreds of additional Simulated Players just to test the servers under very high demand. Those tests could result in server crashes and even data loss. There could be Bugs that are found that results in losing character data or Parcel Data. There could be any number of other issues that arise which during a Live Game would create huge issues in the community. These tests are designed to find those issues before we Launch so we are less likely to run into issues post launch.

Deuce

JFF Member
JFF Supporter
A tad more Alpha information, although a lot of this was announced previously:

ALL of the KickStarter backers WILL get into Alpha at some point. Once Alpha starts we will be allowing a new group of 30 or 40 access each week until all 700 or so of you have access. New features will be added in phases making it slightly easier to track down issues. We have a Bug reporting forum setup here in the Alpha Access section which you will be able to see once you have been giving access to Alpha. Our QA team is already busy filling it up with things they have found.

Alicia

JFF Member
JFF Supporter
Just posted from Facebook:

We will be releasing a Stand Alone Character Designer this afternoon. With the Character Designer you will be able to create your characters and then export them to a text file. Once we release the GM Client you will be able to import your characters that you created in the Character Designer or create a new Character. This is your Chance to get your hands on the GM Character Creation System, start playing around with it and testing it!

Forum for input
http://www.greedmonger.com/forum/showthread.php?1832-Release-Character-Designer-Discussion-Thread&p=27698#post27698

Last edited:

Ronus

JFF Member
I just.... I can't.... I, uhhhhh....

lol, I am just so beyond anything to say at this point. That video was their "lead" developer James Proctor. Really, as a dev you can't turn off mobs to show what you want with buildings, or maybe have a one shot kill skill to get rid of them instead of taking more than 30 seconds per kill?

Had hope for this game, not huge hope, but some. At this point it's just done, imo.