Tree of Savior

YumC

JFF Member
JFF Supporter
Looking forward for the game! reminds me of ragnarok, but i wont be paying early access.

Trekkan

JFF Administrator
Staff member
Looks interesting enough, the art style oddly enough (because I'm me), doesn't bother me too much really. Mostly I think I'd wait it out for full release and see if people are into it then. But looks pretty decent overall.

Malsirian

JFF Member
Hopefully I can get $10 worth out of it. I really don't know too much about what to expect but I'm weak so I'm sure I'll give in and spend money on it. :) I'll let y'all know what I think. I like the art style too.

Deuce

JFF Member
JFF Supporter
While the graphics aren't my style, that wouldn't stop me from playing it. Graphics have never been a show stopper for me. It looks really interesting and I will do some more looking into it. A few things I'm curious about are Player Housing, Guild Functionality and PvP.

The levels of character advancement make for 80 possible character classes. That is a pretty cool feature.

Reading the details on Steam make it sound like the Founders (those who pay for early access) will have a separate server from the Free to Play folks. So paying now and getting a head start means you would have to start over on the Free server on the April 27th release date if you want to join your Free to Play friends. If this is the case I will likely wait for Free to Play since that's likely where most of us would end up.

A couple things I noticed:
- I saw at least one character at level 260, so apparently there is no end to leveling, that's a big plus.
- I think I saw characters riding hamsters.

@Trekkan Maybe this is the game we can get a guild push on if it checks out? It seems to have a lot of the features that I think most of us here are drawn to. Being free to play would make it simpler than most for people to jump into.

Thanks for letting us know about it @Malsirian!

Last edited:

Trekkan

JFF Administrator
Staff member
@Trekkan Maybe this is the game we can get a guild push on if it checks out? It seems to have a lot of the features that I think most of us here are drawn to. Being free to play would make it simpler than most for people to jump into.[/USER]!
I'm all for people starting a guild and will do everything I can to facilitate them! However for this particular game, as it's not something I would personally feel passionate about, but might enjoy... I think that role should be up to someone else to fill. =) But I'm all for supporting that person!

Malsirian

JFF Member
While the graphics aren't my style, that wouldn't stop me from playing it. Graphics have never been a show stopper for me. It looks really interesting and I will do some more looking into it. A few things I'm curious about are Player Housing, Guild Functionality and PvP.

The levels of character advancement make for 80 possible character classes. That is a pretty cool feature.

Reading the details on Steam make it sound like the Founders (those who pay for early access) will have a separate server from the Free to Play folks. So paying now and getting a head start means you would have to start over on the Free server on the April 27th release date if you want to join your Free to Play friends. If this is the case I will likely wait for Free to Play since that's likely where most of us would end up.

A couple things I noticed:
- I saw at least one character at level 260, so apparently there is no end to leveling, that's a big plus.
- I think I saw characters riding hamsters.

@Trekkan Maybe this is the game we can get a guild push on if it checks out? It seems to have a lot of the features that I think most of us here are drawn to. Being free to play would make it simpler than most for people to jump into.

Thanks for letting us know about it @Malsirian!
Hmm I didn't notice the separate server thing for founders. That sucks.

From the limited stuff I've read about pvp, it's arena based, no open world pvp or anything like that. I think there are team vs team fights though. Not sure about awards beyond just bragging rights based off your position on the leader board.

The housing reminded me of EQ2. You get your own instanced starting lodge what others can visit and there are options to get something larger. I saw one Banquet Hall or Guild Hall that looked pretty big.

I've no idea what any future plans may be regarding pvp or housing.

There are a ton of class combos. I spent a little time messing around with this skill builder. Who knows how many are actually viable.
Skill Simulator - Tree of Savior Fan Base

They have an exp table on that same site. Looks like it goes up to level 302. :openmouth: At least I know I will never have to worry about hitting that.
Base EXP Table - Tree of Savior Fan Base

And yes, yes you did see characters riding hamsters :hamsterface: lol There are some right at about 25 secs in the second video above too.