The End of an Era

SlipWraith

JFF Member
JFF Supporter
The server crashed, I'm sorry. After the crash I restored the backup but all the mystcraft and some other pieces were broken so after talking it over in TS we have decided to start anew. If there are any world seeds that you are fond of please let me know in the thread below.

In order to prevent this in the future I have created a script to backup the entire directory for the ftb server and not just the world files. Another issue is a gracefully shutdown server will backup using the ftb stuff so even if the world crashes and you use the stop command it will backup the corrupt files overwriting the good ones, lesson learned.

Wretched

JFF Member
well poopy! i was going to give myself a nuke or two and rig it up so when some one enters my house they would blow!

but i'm okay with starting over, might make myself a house in the twilight!

a seed hyip and i liked was:

ABC123DEF456

cbonha01

JFF Member
wow, I'm most likely done then.....screw that, I worked really hard at getting what I had...and after finally getting the Gravity suit...this happens? yeah, I'm thinking I'll stick to single player then

SlipWraith

JFF Member
JFF Supporter
Down down down in a burning ring of fire. Server should be back up by 10:00 AM PST on 12-11.
wow, I'm most likely done then.....screw that, I worked really hard at getting what I had...and after finally getting the Gravity suit...this happens? yeah, I'm thinking I'll stick to single player then
I don't know what to say other than I'm sorry. I take full blame. I was not familiar with the way that the FTB manager did it's backups and it cost us. Moving forward I'm keeping a complete copy of the game files in a separate directory that backup daily. I can also do custom backups if some one wants to make a major change and would like a backup before hand.

cbonha01

JFF Member
sorry slip...was just kinda pissed after working a week on one item, then got it yesterday, and all this happened... I don't blame you, shit happens