So... we see you haven't signed up here on our website.  

Do you really want to sit here and be "Unregistered" all your life?  No, of course you don't!  So, click this here link and you'll take that all important first step into enlightenment! (or something, whatever...)

[Not a Bug] Teleport Not working?

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by DarkRisen, Jan 23, 2019.

1. DarkRisen

DarkRisen New Member JFF Member

After setting up the teleport system, teleporting is not working for some reason.

Console States: Target playername or entity/steamid id not found.

Even though Coords are setup, and player is notified that they are being spawned.
    No Rat log errors. Only what is stated in console.

Any Ideas?

(Edited: What parameters would be setup for the Saves Folder, as I think that this would be the cause of the issue? ) Seems to not locate the "Player", folder. for the files pertaining to the player. Since Entity / steamid id was not found.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2019
  2. Trekkan

Trekkan JFF Administrator Staff Member

RAT doesn't access the game files outside of a backup/restore so it won't be that.

Can you show me what you have setup for the teleport and what the console says exactly? Can you paste me the exact console response?

3. DarkRisen

2019-01-24 18:32:16 1163.036 INF Chat (from '76561197990096056', entity id '171', to 'Global'): 'DarkRisen': !spawn
    2019-01-24 18:32:16 1163.093 INF Executing command 'teleportplayer "DarkRisen" {tele_Spawn}' by Telnet from 127.0.0.1:49896
    2019-01-24 18:32:16 Target playername or entity/steamid id not found.
    2019-01-24 18:32:22 1169.517 INF Executing command 'sayplayer "DarkRisen" "[00FFFF] You have been teleported to the spawn location."' by Telnet from 127.0.0.1:49896
    2019-01-24 18:32:22 Message to player "DarkRisen" sent with sender "Server"
    ----------------------

Spawn 1195 53 1015

Thats what I have for the console and the spawn location, sorry this is on my Actual Server mainframe from my home.
    (not a computer used as a server, but an actual server Prolient using windows server 2012 r2.

4. Trekkan

Ok, looks like a bug. RAT isn't resolving the {tele_Spawn} to a value. I'll check into it. For now, make sure that the tele_Spawn is in the same case in the script, compared to the teleport name.

5. Trekkan

Just tested and its working for me, however it *IS* case sensitive. So make sure they match and you should be good.

6. Trekkan

Also, I marked this as "Not a bug" because its possible that you might have teleports with the same name, etc... No idea, but for now, that's what I'm calling it. ;) I might change that in the future though if its a big problem for people.

7. DarkRisen

I only have 1 Teleport location called Spawn. So no name issues. I will do more testing on my end to resolve the issue, and will post any updated
    on my matter asap.

Thanks again for everything.

8. Trekkan

Make sure you see my above reply about CaSe sensitivity. =)

9. DarkRisen

Yes that was the issue, creating a teleport location, using "spawn", and not "Spawn", was making the system not work.
    TYVM for all your help :)

• Like Like x 1