Sword Coast Legends

Malsirian

JFF Member
Exactly. The game looks pretty good overall though, and depending on the direction they go, we can still get what we want, but it's going to take time. The release we're going to get, is going to be fun, but... nowhere near what we (I?) thought it was going to be.
Nope, you're right, we. I was expecting a lot more freedom and customization. Maybe down the road with mods or expansions. I hope the main campaign they ship with is good at least.

panzerghost

JFF Member
JFF Supporter
Nope, you're right, we. I was expecting a lot more freedom and customization. Maybe down the road with mods or expansions. I hope the main campaign they ship with is good at least.
From what I understand there's an .ini edit that allows the main campaign to be unlocked, it's offline but I believe it's the full single player campaign.

Carbin

JFF Member
JFF Supporter
Well we shall see what it can really do when it comes out and after those features get boring, I bet the mods will be out or so I hope. I do still have high hopes of this game.

Malsirian

JFF Member
Well. It's out. lol Any impressions. Anyone still playing? :)

I messed around with it very briefly last night. Not enough to form an opinion on the single player yet though. First impression is that it's a little generic and the fights are really fast. Maybe that changes? Haven't tried the coop yet. I'll play a little more when I get a chance to see if I'm gonna keep it.

Trekkan

JFF Administrator
Staff member
Downloaded it, but no time to play it either. I'm not expecting too much at this point to be honest, hopefully enough people, like it enough that they keep working on it. It's got a solid foundation it looks like, but in order for me to create my own campaigns the way I want, it has quite a ways to go.

Dsan

JFF Member
JFF Supporter
Their story campaign is okay so far. Only completed the intro hub but it's adequately fun.

My main complaints:
- skill cooldowns are really long so some fights are almost nothing but auto-attack.
- top-down view awesome in the 80s and 90s but a 3D world could be so much better with more camera options. I know, it would require more work to have more than floors and walls on the maps... Kotor (and almost everything since) spoiled me in this regard.
- the usual d&d classes and limitations. could just be me but I've always felt highly restricted by d&d character systems in v. games.

Xantheis

JFF Member
The best part of that announcement for me is that the changes/updates are very much inline with the feedback they have been getting. It's nice when a studio says that they listen and actually do, you know, listen.