Shoutbox idle

Alchymia

JFF Member
Is there a way to turn off the 'click here to turn off idle' on the shoutbox or to disable it completely? I find it annoying.
That is my suggestion.

Trekkan

JFF Administrator
Staff member
Is there a way to turn off the 'click here to turn off idle' on the shoutbox or to disable it completely? I find it annoying.
That is my suggestion.
There is no way I know of to turn it off, but... what's annoying about it?

What that means is that it's not updating anymore because you haven't done anything on the website. So it's letting you know, incase you're expecting new messages to come through, that'll never come until you refresh the page.

Alchymia

JFF Member
What that means is that it's not updating anymore because you haven't done anything on the website.
This is what's annoying... I always have it in another window so when I switch, I have to click it instead of glance quickly at the conversation... minor annoyance, but I suppose I'll tolerate it. lol.

Trekkan

JFF Administrator
Staff member
When it show sup for me, all of the chat text is there above it since the idle. So you can still quickly glance at the chat, not sure what else to say. Other than, I can't change it so I guess it doesn't matter too much. hehe

Dsan

JFF Member
JFF Supporter
Is there anyway to make the "here" link a different color so it's more obvious where to click? Or maybe the whole sentence into the link. Half of the line is usually below the shout box and lowercase "here" is hard to click w/o scrolling; for some reason the wheel won't work when it's like that.

Trekkan

JFF Administrator
Staff member
Is there anyway to make the "here" link a different color so it's more obvious where to click? Or maybe the whole sentence into the link. Half of the line is usually below the shout box and lowercase "here" is hard to click w/o scrolling; for some reason the wheel won't work when it's like that.
I'll see what I can do, I can change the colors though.