[Fixed] Server Started. Or is it ?

wespel

JFF Member
Hello.

I am currently using CAT on side of my server. It can read the chat log, display the online players and informations, and it's already great for me.

But it doesn't have any control on the server itself.

I'm having a bug with the ini files not being written/read, already detailled in another post, it might be linked, but when I try to start the server, almost nothing happen.

In fact something happens, a black window conan server is launched, it stays black (shouldn't it show the log, like my homebrew launcher ?) and memory usage stays at 600MB. It looks like an aborted server, in a pause state

Once this windows is launched, CAT log shows no error, only "Server Started." But if you activate healthcheck, it will try to start another instance every tick of the healthcheck, as if it doesn't see the server it has launched.

config is as follow :

I'm a bit lost, and I'm not sure thisissue has been adressed in the other topics.

Trekkan

JFF Administrator
Staff member
The server settings, I've been working on and hope to have a new release soon that'll correct that. This is also an issue as when saving settings, the localization happens for for spin boxes and you get commas where you should get decimals.

Uncheck Game, Server and No Steam Client and your server will probably start correctly. That's why that notice in red is there. ;) I've had nothing but issues starting a server with anything but the Log (and no steam client really), checked. Checking Game or server... always an issue.

wespel

JFF Member
Problem is my server is currently running with those items in the command line.

I was wondering. DO you think I can put a Bat file instead of the exe in the config ?

Trekkan

JFF Administrator
Staff member
Problem is my server is currently running with those items in the command line.

I was wondering. DO you think I can put a Bat file instead of the exe in the config ?
It might technically load, but it won't be monitored by CAT, so restarts, updates, etc... all won't work.

Can you send me your command line bat file?

Also, try running it without those settings anyway and see how things work. I have a strong feeling you're not going to notice any difference. I'm pretty sure new installations of the CE server, also don't include those in the batch file anymore, I think it's just a -log.

wespel

JFF Member
Code is :
pushd C:\apps\conan
call "C:\apps\conan\ConanSandbox\Binaries\Win64\ConanSandboxServer-Win64-Test.exe" "ConanSandbox?Multihome=192.168.0.46?GameServerPort=27016?GameServerQueryPort=27017" -nosteamclient -game -server -log
popd​

I'll try to run without for testing.

Trekkan

JFF Administrator
Staff member
Code is :
pushd C:\apps\conan
call "C:\apps\conan\ConanSandbox\Binaries\Win64\ConanSandboxServer-Win64-Test.exe" "ConanSandbox?Multihome=192.168.0.46?GameServerPort=27016?GameServerQueryPort=27017" -nosteamclient -game -server -log
popd​

I'll try to run without for testing.
I'm pretty sure that might not even do what you think it is. Because you're calling the -Test.exe file, I don't think those parameters are actually used on that EXE. I'm not 100% sure of that, but I think those parameters might only work when calling ConanSandbox.exe (which is what CAT uses), which appears to be a stub loader for ConanSandboxServer-Win64-Test.exe, as you'll see that load as well. I'm not claiming to be right here, so any clarifications you help with are good. =) But there is some confusion as to how those params work, what EXE should be called with them, and what exactly they even do.