So... we see you haven't signed up here on our website.  

Do you really want to sit here and be "Unregistered" all your life?  No, of course you don't!  So, click this here link and you'll take that all important first step into enlightenment! (or something, whatever...)

old school Scfi Series

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by deathstalker, Sep 12, 2014.

1. deathstalker

deathstalker New Member JFF Member

I prefer watching old star trek and generation.. Also babylon 5, and some Farscape.. any else have some old series they would like to share

2. Trekkan

Trekkan JFF Administrator Staff Member

Simon and Simon, Magnum PI, Star Trek (old and Next generation) and MANY OTHERS. =)

3. Ronus

Ronus Member JFF Member

Columbo - while not Sci-Fi, it has to be the best series ever!!

4. Trox

Trox New Member JFF Member

Star Gate and Battlestar Galatica needs added to that list.

5. DeekuLime

DeekuLime New Member JFF Member

TNG, DS9, VOY, ENT, Stargate, SGA, Farscape, Andromeda, BSG, Doctor Who, and B5 are the big ones.

6. complexmath

complexmath JFF Administrator Staff Member JFF Supporter

7. Icenfyre

Icenfyre ArcheAge Guild Master JFF Member

^This

...and you have to remember that I am (ahem) older.... I remember watching first-run Lost In Space (among others.) As far as more "recent" series, Trek (all of them) B5, Dr. Who, Alien Nation (Great concept!) and Farscape come to mind.

As for series in existance right now, not sure... I don't think there are really any classic-to-be shows out there right now.

8. Morigen

Morigen Member JFF Member

Been watching Falling Skies, Extant, The Last Ship, and The Strain. I enjoy watching them, but yeah, can't really say they are classic-to-be. Heck, the last two aren't really sci-fi.

As for old school sci-fi, http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0078579/ Buck Rogers in the 25th Century. That was probably my favorite as a youngster.

I watched every episode.

9. panzerghost

panzerghost Member JFF Member JFF Supporter

The Last Ship hooked me from the very first episode. I'm too impatient for the next season. The Strain was also an excellent series. I can see both becoming classics.

10. Renairdor

Renairdor Member JFF Member

Star Trek, Battlestar Galactica, Dr. Who, Buck Rogers - awesome memories for all of those. Robotech and V being a couple others that were really into. Kind of primed me for anime later.

More recent favorite Sci-Fi? Babylon 5 and Firefly... recent BG pretty good too, including Caprica.

11. Oxnar

Oxnar Member JFF Member

Dr. Who (with Tom Baker), Star Trek/ all of em, Stargate/ Stargate SG-1, V (TV series), and a few others.

BUT.....My all time favorite is [​IMG]