New computer please tell me what you think of the parts

RaveKnave

Why am I on fire?
JFF Member
JFF Supporter
The Free-Sync monitor would be a waste if you don't have an AMD card. It's hard not to recommend an IPS; they are amazing and something you can't appreciate until you see it in person.
It is white with blue, why does the Nivida no work with the free synce. I am kinda leaning to the Samsung because of the price and decent reviews.

Trekkan

JFF Administrator
Staff member
It is white with blue, why does the Nivida no work with the free synce. I am kinda leaning to the Samsung because of the price and decent reviews.
G-Sync is what nVidia created, and they wanted to license it to others. AMD and others created Free-Sync because they didn't want to pay for g-Sync and otherwise give that market share to nVidia.

Since AMD owns ATI (nVidia's competitor)... they are just two companies fighting for more money really. So... that's why they aren't compatible. I know there are technical reasons, but really it's a Betamax/VHS battle more than anything.

complexmath

JFF Administrator
Staff member
JFF Supporter
G-Sync is hardware based, and so it's a pricey (but arguably more reliable) addition to a monitor, while FreeSync is software-based. But yeah, it mostly comes down to the vendors trying to lock people into an ecosystem.

Alicia

JFF Member
JFF Supporter
*Booksmarks thread for later monitor research* lol My next pc part to buy.

Silifaira

JFF Administrator
JFF Member
Looks great, Rave! Like Alicia said...that cord management. Mine is a messy maze inside.

How's it play? Any noticeable difference?

RaveKnave

Why am I on fire?
JFF Member
JFF Supporter
It is wonderful very quite, does make a little heat in the room, but it has a lot going on inside. I can also tell a major difference with the new processor, and having balanced RAM. Total war with those high numbers, such as 6 army's of 5,000 all fighting at the same time does not even make the FPS move. Plus my old computer just had a normal HD, no SSD that alone it a wonderful touch. I basically love my new computer. I am sure there are more TECHY things, but I do how to express them.

Silifaira

JFF Administrator
JFF Member
I wouldn't understand the techy things anyway. I just like it when it 'feels' right. Couldn't tell you exactly what that meant. Glad to hear you are loving it!