Launch Climates

Deuce

JFF Member
JFF Supporter
Posted by Jason:

Ok, we have 5 Planned Climates that we are going for at Launch.
Grass Lands
Desert Lands
Arctic Lands
Tropical Lands
Volcanic Lands

We are planning to launch with all 5 of those regardless of Stretch Goals, however, how much each Climate is filled out and truly complete will be dictated by Kickstarter Stretch Goals because these Climates will be HUGE and will take a lot of work. So, while we will have the land established, it's a matter of how much we can get done to each one by launch with each climate being prioritized by KS.
Link

I'm not entirely sure if we'll get to pick the climate we want, but I am guessing that is the case, so this is something to be considering as we move forward. The PvP zone is the Volcanic Lands.

Last edited:

Trekkan

JFF Administrator
Staff member
If it's up for a vote, I'd go Grass or tropical as I like the greenery. =) But, whatever is chosen, given, I'll go with.

Alicia

JFF Member
JFF Supporter
Yeah, if possible I'd like green too. Skyrim got me tired of snow and who the heck likes desert? lol

Dsan

JFF Member
JFF Supporter
If I understood correctly these are unlocked as they reach new kickstarter goals. Desert was recently reached - I agree, why desert when there's tropical?! I'd rather see arctic than desert. BUT, green is good.

Deuce

JFF Member
JFF Supporter
Sounds like we're on the same page, I like greenery as well. We'll shoot for Grasslands first and Tropical as a backup.

Ronus

JFF Member
If I understood correctly these are unlocked as they reach new kickstarter goals. Desert was recently reached - I agree, why desert when there's tropical?! I'd rather see arctic than desert. BUT, green is good.
No (and yes) - As Jason stated:

We are planning to launch with all 5 of those regardless of Stretch Goals, however, how much each Climate is filled out and truly complete will be dictated by Kickstarter Stretch Goals
So Each one of the lands WILL already be unlocked and in game regardless of the KS Goals. From the way I read it, each land that has had it's goal reached will be more "polished" than the others.

$30,000 Goal Grass Land - REACHED!
$60,000 Goal - Desert Lands - REACHED!
$90,000 - Arctic Lands
$120,000 Goal - Tropical Lands

So Grass & Desert (Along with Volcanic I'm guessing) will be the 3 most polished areas, with Arctic & Tropical being in game but not as finished.

Also, here is a rough draft map that he posted:

View attachment 40

You can see the 6 Island Castles, and the 6 Main Land castles. I think Grass Lands will be perfect and a nice place to be - BUT..... unfortunately I think everyone else will think the same thing.

Dsan

JFF Member
JFF Supporter
I see, I like that all the climates will be in at launch. As for the map, neither of them are particularly snazzy imo. The first one appears to be based on the southern hemisphere but the zones are kinda jumbled. The second map does flow better, and appears to be based on the northern hemisphere.
I have visual problems with desert going straight to jungle, or jungle being next to arctic. If I had my choice I would claim the second map, but have the grassland dip down in between the desert and jungle, fading appropriately on each side. I guess that's being nitpicky. :P

Deuce

JFF Member
JFF Supporter
I don't know if he will allow this, but I am requesting to break up my parcels a bit, outside of the Grasslands I am requesting:

Tropical Climate – 4 parcels
Arctic Climate – 4 parcels
Desert Climate – 4 parcels
Volcanic Climate – 2 parcels

Hopefully it will allow us to have a place wherever we may be.