[Not a Bug] Giant Labels for Non Human NPCs

KLear

Great tool. Thanks for taking the time to make it and maintain it. I hope I am not repeating something someone else might have mentioned in some other thread. Everything works pretty well. There are a few small bugs while players connect to the server though.
1) non Human NPCs have this "SEEING AI LOD X ( .....)" as a really big visible label even at 200 meters (or maybe even more) ... anyone else?
2) disconnections and client crashes which don't usually happen when playing solo.
If these are not bugs or related to the tool in any way, could maybe someone suggest some fixes?
Many thanks

thcue

CAT Moderator
JFF Member
1. AM not sure I follow what you mean.

2. This could be a server/networking issue not the tool. I have a up-time of 86 hours now so we can rule that out.

Can we get a little more information about #1 please? Is that in game such as NPC name Tags?

Trekkan

JFF Administrator
Staff member
Looks like either you are missing assets, or the game just has a bug. I'd say you should probably stop the server, and run the install again (of CE Dedicated Server) and let it validate files, etc.

thcue

CAT Moderator
JFF Member
Look through your INI files and see what changed and look for the below line.

dw.AllowAILODOverlay=0 You might have it set to 1

Disable transmit of AI LOD levels from server to client for LOD level debugging; takes too much time in ServerReplicateActors with thousands of AI.

IN other words you have the Debug on and the server is showing him info he does not need to see.

KLear

done the reinestall and clean config, didn't help
i did find dw.AllowAILODOverlay=0 in defaultengine.ini. I copied that in the engine.ini as
"[SystemSettings]
; Disable transmit of AI LOD levels from server to client for LOD level debugging; takes too much time in ServerReplicateActors with thousands of AI.
dw.AllowAILODOverlay=0"
nothing worked. so curious about what makes this happen. none of the other servers out there have this issue.

thcue

CAT Moderator
JFF Member
Yeah I really thought it was that due to how the NPC's Look. Can you start the server without CAT? also how are you starting this server etc? It's for sure a debug thing let us know after this new patch they changed some thing with Name plates did that fix your issue? let us know thanks again.

KLear

Thanks for trying to help guys. i tried without CAT but kept the .ini files. still having the issue. same for the other few friends i play with on the server

Last edited: