[Fixed] !gb is not working

impatus

Hi. Im trying to get the GrabBag system to work on my server. but it won't work.

If i type !gb in chat noting is happening.
my friend tried when he was lvl 14 and he got a message that he didn't meet the minimum lvl requirement . which is 15.
and when he lvled to 15 and tried again noting is happening.

This is what comes out in the chat in RAT:

Impatus AKA [ParadoX.exe]: !gb
Server: Chat test args, Player Name: "Impatus AKA [ParadoX.exe]"

I have the latest version of Allocs, BCM and RAT.

I have enabled the grabbag system. is there anything im missing?

Trekkan

JFF Administrator
Staff member
I think there is an event in there that shouldn't be... meaning I might of left a test event in there.

Click the gear icon on the toolbar for the Event editor.

In there, look at the section on the left for "Player Public Chat"

Scroll through the events, looking for one that contains "Chat test args" in the script section. Uncheck the enabled checkbox, then click the Save button. That should fix the issue. Sorry about that!

impatus

I found it under CHATW Test. disabled that one but its still not working.

".CHATW:Chat test args, Player Name: {{player_name}}"

In the script for "Get a grab bag" is this: .GETGRABBAG:You're going to have to wait a bit longer, try again later!

should there be more there maybe?

I'm new at this so there might be that i have forgotten something.

Trekkan

JFF Administrator
Staff member
I found it under CHATW Test. disabled that one but its still not working.

".CHATW:Chat test args, Player Name: {{player_name}}"

In the script for "Get a grab bag" is this: .GETGRABBAG:You're going to have to wait a bit longer, try again later!

should there be more there maybe?

I'm new at this so there might be that i have forgotten something.
Nope, that would be it, see if you see anything returned in the console window when you try the !gb command. Also, what version of RAT are you using?

impatus

I made a quick video showing whats going on.
sorry about the weird blurring. I was far from sober when i made it :D not even sure i needed it.

Trekkan

JFF Administrator
Staff member
I made a quick video showing whats going on.
sorry about the weird blurring. I was far from sober when i made it :D not even sure i needed it.
Thank you for this, so... I think I can see the issue here. In the event editor, make sure you disable all of those test commands I have in there, I shouldn't of released with those there. So either delete them or uncheck the enabled box and click save (Make sure you click save for each one).

Then, in the !gb command, I noticed that the order was 99. This means that it'll fire after any other matches, I'd reset that to 1 just as the default. I think then, at least you should see the GB happen, or attempt to happen. Right now, the command is getting swallowed up by some other chat event I think.

impatus

Still not working. i even set all the other events that is still on to order 2.
and all other that i don't need i turned off.

in the console it's not showing anything about grab bag. but i found this in RAT Logs:

2017-11-05 20.36.14 ----------------------------------
Current Time: 05.11.2017 20.36.14
Thrown by: System.Object CanGetGrabBag(System.String)
Method: cev.LogException
Message: Objektreferanse er ikke satt til en objektforekomst.

Stack Trace:
ved RAT.grabbag.CanGetGrabBag(String SteamID)
ved RAT.cev.Command_GetGrabBag(String RawParams, Dictionary`2 DataObject)
ved RAT.cev.ProcessEventScript(_event ev, Dictionary`2 DataObject, String ScriptToProcess)
----------------------------------
2017-11-05 20.36.14 Error Parsing ProcessEventScript: .GETGRABBAG:You're going to have to wait a bit longer, try again later!

There's one line in norwegian there, it translates to: Object reference is not set to an object instance. or something like that

Trekkan

JFF Administrator
Staff member
Ok, that is clearly a RAT issue. I'll see what I can do, but it might have something to do with your player name... I noticed a lot of characters and spaces in it. Granted, RAT needs to be able to handle that, but that could be the issue. Not sure if you can change your name and then try it to see what happens, but if that is possible and you're willing, give that a shot. It'll help me debug the issue.

Also, are you running any mods that might change the player name? Such as adding color to the name, etc? If so, try disabling that and see if RAT works. I do have support for colored names coming in the next version of RAT so hopefully that'll work. Unfortunately mods that add color to the player name in chat, actually change the players name, so when I do a match against what player said something, the name is wrong, etc.

Regardless, I'll do what I can on my end to make it not happen.

impatus

I have WaroftheWalkers, allocs and BCM. i have Oxide installed but don't know what it is. it was on the mod manager the server host has. so i just installed it.
i haven't changed anything that has to do with my name.
i had a friend log in now and try. he has a short name. didn't work for him either.

Qsauce

2017-11-17 14:57:52 ----------------------------------
Current Time: 17/11/2017 14:57:52
Thrown by: System.Object CanGetGrabBag(System.String)
Method: cev.LogException
Message: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Stack Trace:
at RAT.grabbag.CanGetGrabBag(String SteamID)
at RAT.cev.Command_GetGrabBag(String RawParams, Dictionary`2 DataObject)
at RAT.cev.ProcessEventScript(_event ev, Dictionary`2 DataObject, String ScriptToProcess)
----------------------------------

Also getting this same error, both in stable and experimental builds. I have Allocs and Bad Company (required mods) installed and use the SMX UI xml mod

Trekkan

JFF Administrator
Staff member
This is hopefully fixed in the next version, I've rewritten the grabbag events. If you have issues after that release, please open a new ticket.

Thanks for all of the information everyone!