EQ Next Information

Zynn

JFF Member
I've been an Everquest fan since 1999, so I am definitely looking forward to this. I just hope that it is done right. They plan on bringing back the old-school feel that got people to play Everquest, and other early MMOs, in the first place. I hope they do it right, and don't give us some dumbed-down, hand-holding grind fest.

wandern

JFF Member
Seems promising. I saw something about old school SWG and was hoping for ever changing resources with stats tho...

Zynn

JFF Member
Oh yeah, I forgot all about how the resource types and quality would move around the server. It was fun running around to scan for minerals, but a pain to have to retrieve the thumpers when the resources moved or were depleted. Still, it is an awesome idea to prevent people just camping in one spot taking all the best resources.

wandern

JFF Member
Yep scanning and retrieving the harvesters could be a pain but just enough to keep everyone else from starting major mining operations.The fact that you could harvest the same type of aluminum for instance (of which there were around 25 types) one week and be the best the server has seen, and the next week nothing to write home about, made the crafting so dynamic that 50 weaponsmiths could each make the exact same gun, and not one would be the same. Add to the dynamic resources, the dynamic modifiers and the variability of crafting was outstanding. Some faster firing, less action cost, higher power, etc. I miss that more than anything. SWG's crafting, harvesting and economy are the best I have experienced. If anyone knows of a crafting system like this, please let me know!!! Now I am going to cry instead of work today...

Lord Marshal

JFF Member
Yep scanning and retrieving the harvesters could be a pain but just enough to keep everyone else from starting major mining operations.The fact that you could harvest the same type of aluminum for instance (of which there were around 25 types) one week and be the best the server has seen, and the next week nothing to write home about, made the crafting so dynamic that 50 weaponsmiths could each make the exact same gun, and not one would be the same. Add to the dynamic resources, the dynamic modifiers and the variability of crafting was outstanding. Some faster firing, less action cost, higher power, etc. I miss that more than anything. SWG's crafting, harvesting and economy are the best I have experienced. If anyone knows of a crafting system like this, please let me know!!! Now I am going to cry instead of work today...
I feel your pain :)

View attachment 130