Day of the Tentacle - REMASTERED!

Silifaira

JFF Administrator
JFF Member
Okay...this and maniac mansion were the first games I stayed up all night to play. Am I wrong for wanting to play it again??

I will probably wait for it to go on sale, because I'm sure it won't live up to the memories, but I do want to try it.

Malsirian

JFF Member
I feel the same way! Can't decide if going back to it is a good idea. I recently tried that with Grim Fandango (which I LOVED the first time I played it, when it came out) but had a hard time getting into it. Still on the fence with this, maybe when it goes on sale.

Malsirian

JFF Member
I'm all over this on PS4. I will make the kids play it with me to completion. Minecraft be damned!
If I get it it would be to play with my kids on the PS4 too. I don't know how old your kids are but have you played King's Quest with them? Mine loved it. (7 and 4 yrs old) We have only finished chapter one so far and Zelda has taken us away from it but once that's finished we'll go back to it I'm sure.

complexmath

JFF Administrator
Staff member
JFF Supporter
I haven't. For some reason it didn't even occur to me. We have played a bit of Grim Fandango though. But Day of the Tentacle is cuter.

Malsirian

JFF Member
Definitely cuter! That might be enough to keep them engaged. Mine got BORED with Grim Fandango. Don't think they ever lost interest in King's Quest though.

Btw, I like your Desslok avatar. As a kid Starblazers was on everyday when I got home from school. I don't remember a lot of the specifics of the story now but I got soooo sucked into it. Couldn't wait to get home. :)

complexmath

JFF Administrator
Staff member
JFF Supporter
Btw, I like your Desslok avatar. As a kid Starblazers was on everyday when I got home from school. I don't remember a lot of the specifics of the story now but I got soooo sucked into it. Couldn't wait to get home. :)
Thanks! As you might guess, I felt the same about the original series :) What I love about Desslok is that he's the most gracious bad guy ever. Every time the Star Blazers defeated him he'd congratulate them and say he was looking forward to their next encounter. Anyway, it seemed fitting. Oh, for what it's worth, they redid Star Blazers a while back, dubbed Star Blazers 2199. It was looking like they were going to produce a dubbed version and then it never happened for some reason, but the subbed series is available here and there. I haven't watched it yet, but it looks to be better than the original.

complexmath

JFF Administrator
Staff member
JFF Supporter
Yeah. I've been watching the original Star Blazers and Battle of the Planets (G-Force) with the kids on Hulu. BotP is somewhere along the lines of Voltron and hasn't aged well at all but the kids love it. Very melodramatic and all about teamwork. And my son in particular is super into Star Blazers. It also helped that I could say "hey, you want to see where my picture is from?" to get them to check it out. Then again, they also like Speed Racer, so old anime in general seems to be a hit.

Silifaira

JFF Administrator
JFF Member
I can still sing the entire intro song and I haven't seen it since I was probably 7 or so. I'd get up at like 5:30AM to watch that. /sings searching for a distant star, heading off to Iscandar. I'm surprised I never recognized your avatar before.

Malsirian

JFF Member
I can still sing the entire intro song and I haven't seen it since I was probably 7 or so. I'd get up at like 5:30AM to watch that. /sings searching for a distant star, heading off to Iscandar. I'm surprised I never recognized your avatar before.
So I watched a couple episodes with my girls this morning and while I couldn't remember the theme song on my own, it sure came back to me when I heard it. lol They were pretty enthralled too. :)

And thanks for the Battle of the Planets reminder. That and Star Blazers were back to back. Jason was always my favorite. I'm such a rebel. lol

Trekkan

JFF Administrator
Staff member
I never played the original and by the time I was able to, it was pretty much old and unplayable on any PC I might have. So... there's a good chance I'll pick this up at some point because it'd be 100% new to me. GO ME for waiting 20 years (on accident)...

Malsirian

JFF Member
Nice job getting the thread back on track. Sorry for the hijack. :relaxed:

Nice job on the waiting. Maybe I should do that with some games. :blush:

Trekkan

JFF Administrator
Staff member
Nice job getting the thread back on track. Sorry for the hijack. :relaxed:
Nice job on the waiting. Maybe I should do that with some games. :blush:
Hijack away, as long as people are talking and having a good time, I'm good with it. If an OP wanted a thread back on topic, then we should do so. Otherwise... have fun and BS all you want. =)