So... we see you haven't signed up here on our website.  

Do you really want to sit here and be "Unregistered" all your life?  No, of course you don't!  So, click this here link and you'll take that all important first step into enlightenment! (or something, whatever...)

Chris' top 10 Films of 2011

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by Chris, Jan 9, 2012.

1. Chris

Chris Member JFF Member

Here it is.

Chris' top 10 films of 2011

10. Insidious – Very scary flick about demons and possession. If you like supernatural horror this is perfect for you. I loved it.

9. X-Men First Class – Finally a great X-Men movie, the cast was fantastic and the story was tip-top as well. I loved X-Men cartoons and comics when I was a kid and was very disappointed with the original trilogy that came out. The only bright spots being the casting of Hugh Jackman for Wolverine and Patrick Stewart for Professor Xavier.

8. Rise of the Planet of the Apes – James Franco usually looks and acts like he is stoned in every film. They even crack jokes about it when he presents awards. Anyways this flick was great. Cast and story was very good and seeing the origin of the Planet of the Apes saga was very cool.

7. Source Code – This movie was a pretty big surprise for me. I really enjoyed it a lot. The plot was fantastic and the twists were great. Very enjoyable action drama movie.

6. Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol – I saw this on Christmas Eve and is easily the best Mission Impossible in the series. Great cast and Tom Cruise was very good as well. He does his own stunts and is probably nuts for doing some of these. Very fun popcorn flick.

5. Captain America – This was by far the best comic book movie of the year. Perfect story and cast. The old 50's style feel was done so very well. I was very pleased to see this film and easily makes my top five.

4. Paranormal Activity 3 – This film is by far the scariest movie I have ever seen. Nothing can compare to how terrifying this movie is. I saw this in the dark theater and was at the edge of my seat. I suggest you watch this not distracted and in the dark. I'm sure you will agree. By far the best of the three films.

3. Hanna – I was very happily surprised by this movie. A young girl raised as an assassin, taught by her father.. I will say no more as I recommend you watch for yourself. Very good cinematography. It has an indy feel to this action movie. Shot very well, great story.

2. Warrior – Surprise of the year for me. This movie got great reviews on IMDB and was suggested to watch with my girlfriend. My girlfriend wants to see an MMA flick? It HAS to be good. This movie does not let you down. It rips your heart out and shows you why it beats. Fantastic story, fantastic cast, great feel to this movie. Rocky comes to mind when I saw this. Very epic feeling and you will be at your edge of your seat cheering on.

1. Drive – I was skeptical to watch this movie. Ok.. a movie about a stunt driver? Sure I guess. This is probably one of the best movies I have ever seen. Very indy feel to this action drama, shot very well, great pacing, fantastic cast and just a great story. This Director is somebody to keep your tabs on. The soundtrack is brilliant and I fell in love with this movie the first 15 minutes into it. It just kept getting better and better. I don't want to give anything away as I want you to feel what I felt while watching this movie. At the edge of your seat, just waiting to see what happens next. I urge you all to go check out this movie pronto.

Movies I haven't seen that could have made this list: The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, The Immortals and Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Alchymia

Alchymia Member JFF Member

Very nice list; I'll have to watch some of these.... :) I'll wait for Netflix and some of them are on my queue already!

My list of movies I went to in 2011:
    1. No Strings Attached - The only movie I watched at a theater this year and only because I have a yearly commitment that I am required to attend the chick-flick of my wife's choosing on the day of her birthday. All in all, a pretty awful and predictable movie (even though the missus liked it). The upside is that you got to see Natalie Portman in her underthings pretty often... so it was worth going. :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Chris

Chris Member JFF Member

Yeah i added that to my Netflix queue, i'm sure i'll be bored enough to want to see Natalie in her skivvies.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Silifaira

Silifaira JFF Administrator JFF Member

A bunch I haven't seen. I didn't think I'd like Hanna or Warrior. I'll have to check those out.

I've been waiting for Drive to come out on DVD.

I did love Planet of the Apes, Insidious and Captain America though.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Silifaira

Oh, and can I add Bridesmaids to your list?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Chris

Chris Member JFF Member

Bridesmaids was good. Very funny flick. I encourage you all to share your favorites of the year.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Silifaira

Don't be Afraid of the Dark was pretty terrible...beautiful cinematics, but so silly.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Chris

Chris Member JFF Member

Damn, that was one I was looking forward to.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Chris

Chris Member JFF Member

Thor also gets an honorable mention. I really liked that one too. Maybe i'm just a sucker for Natalie's charms. Hesher was a lot of fun too.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Silifaira

Yah, Thor was pretty good...better than I thought it would be. I liked Hall Pass, too, though, I love stupid comedies, so I'm a bit biased. I don't need a movie to be intelligent to enjoy it.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Chris

Chris Member JFF Member

Yeah I have yet to see that one. I like dumb comedies as well.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Alicia

Alicia Well-Known Member JFF Member JFF Supporter

I haaaaated Hall Pass. I did like Bridesmaids and Horrible Bosses though. And I don't watch scary movies so I have nothing to contribute there.

• Like Like x 1