[DOC] Basic Setup

Shabobawob

Hey man, this is actually due to the latest build of Alloc's fixes having incompatibility issues ... what I did was downloaded an older version from Index of /fi/7dtd
Before adding any version to the mods folder, make sure you shut down your server.

upload_2018-11-19_6-33-52.png

Also make sure the Mods folder in the main directory.

upload_2018-11-19_6-35-20.png

upload_2018-11-19_6-36-11.png

After that's done do a re-query of the mods.

upload_2018-11-19_6-38-58.png

At this point you should be all green. Let me know if you should have any further issues.

r3m0dul8

Hi, sorry wanted to butt in here but I had the same issue as Shiro however now that fix has 'fixed' it I still do not have a map loading at localhost:8082

First time I have installed a 7d2d mod, all installed under SteamCMD and all is working just the map part is so purdy

Apologies if in the wrong place for help.

TIA

Attachments

Trekkan

JFF Administrator
Staff member
hi i got all green all but alloc"s fixes but that seem strange as bad company in the same folder not sure what going on here lol they both go in the mods folder or so i have read
If you're trying to use RAT with the latest A17 release, you can't (Currently). It isn't compatible, I'm working on an updated version of RAT now.

DarkmoonMedic

So I just set up RAT tonight. Telnet was amber, and Allocs and BCM were red. Went in and checked Telnet, so now Telnet is red, as well, and when I try to go to CMD to run it, it says that it could not open connection to the host, on port 23: connection failed.

Update: Got Telnet working, and the AF and BCM are working just fine. Missed a check box on the server settings tab.

Last edited:

shiro

is Alloc's Fixes still bad i only now update to late rat and it back to only being red so i'm say yes what a good one to use?

edit: it good i had forgot to go into the folder it make after winrar it and winrar it the 2nd time so yes on a window computer i was try to run a tar file and wondering why it was not work lol i kind of feel dumb for that

Last edited:

Trekkan

JFF Administrator
Staff member
is Alloc's Fixes still bad i only now update to late rat and it back to only being red so i'm say yes what a good one to use?

edit: it good i had forgot to go into the folder it make after winrar it and winrar it the 2nd time so yes on a window computer i was try to run a tar file and wondering why it was not work lol i kind of feel dumb for that
It happens to us all. =) Glad you got it working!

motherabigail

I just downloaded RAT today and have been messing around with it. I rented a server from BlueFangSolutions and all I can find are the dedicated server tutorials. Where do I put the mods if Im not running a dedicated server? I have my telnet enabled in my command parameters, the telnet port and passwords are all correct but everything is still showing red and won't connect. I'm sorry for being so noob but I would love to get some help. Thanks!

Trekkan

JFF Administrator
Staff member
I just downloaded RAT today and have been messing around with it. I rented a server from BlueFangSolutions and all I can find are the dedicated server tutorials. Where do I put the mods if Im not running a dedicated server? I have my telnet enabled in my command parameters, the telnet port and passwords are all correct but everything is still showing red and won't connect. I'm sorry for being so noob but I would love to get some help. Thanks!
The mods go into the same location as you are seeing on the dedicated server setup, just at your host. You should have either a way to install mods, or FTP access on your game server host. Your host might have given you a special folder for mods as well. It would be up to the game server host as to what/where that might be.

motherabigail

Okay I have done that and they are telling me I have everything in the right location, I sent them screenshots of me entering the telnet info correctly but they said that nothing is happening on their end and everything is still red.

EDIT: Okay I got the Telnet green but Im getting multiple errors on the console, Allocs and BC are still red.

EDIT 2: GOT IT WORKING! Had the wrong files I guess. :)))

Last edited: